Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012: Day 1

Day 1 time: 17 minutes, 54 seconds
Total Tour time:  17 minutes, 54 seconds

Today I pulled out the handpainted braid of Falkland wool.  Gorgeous!!  I examined the braid, pulled it into one long rope, then laid it out to look at the color repeats:



After a few minutes of deliberation, I decided I wanted this wool to become a pair of socks.  I split the whole top lengthwise down the middle to divide it in half and began spinning from the green end with my spindle:


My plan is to spin each half on the spindle and wind off, then n-ply each of the two cops into the final two skeins of yarn.  This will even give me the opportunity to try knitting up a pair of socks at the same time, rather than knitting one sock, then the other. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, you convinced me to join TdF. Thanks! I love that roving by the way, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete