Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 2012 Spindlers Challenge: "Undercover"

I've missed the last two months of Spindlers challenges, which is a shame because the themes were fun, but I'm not missing the June 2012 challenge!  The theme is "Undercover."  My immediate association is with cops & criminals and superheroes & supervillains.  It occured to me that the ultimate undercover character is Mystique from the X-men comic, and I just happen to have some fiber in my stash that would be perfect to use for a yarn inspired by her.

Here's Mystique (as featured in the X-men movies):


and here's my fiber:


This fiber is leftover from a dye class I took in 2010.  It's a wool-mohair mix and should spin beautifully.  I decided to keep with the blue theme and use a 1.3 ounce blue spindle for this yarn:


(Refresher info:  The Spindlers group on Ravelry has monthly theme challenges where you start & finish a yarn within that calendar month using a spindle.  Click on the discussion thread for the June challenge if you would like to follow it.) 

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to participate in one of those, simply because I never have to fiber or access to fiber to do so. But eventually...
    such lovely blue btw!

    ReplyDelete