Friday, June 29, 2012

Surgical results

We made it through the surgery and my husband is slowly recovering at home.  As hard and painful as the initial procedure is (and it's nasty), it's the weeks and weeks after spinal surgery that are hardest.  David handles it better than I think I ever could.  We won't know for quite a while, since it takes so much time to heal, if the procedure was successful this time, but I'm feeling optimistic so far.  Wish us luck!

I wanted to make a special note that my parents are incredibly wonderful people.  They drove to Minnesota to spend this time with us and help get through the first hard week of the surgery & initial recovery.  I am so very, very grateful.  Thanks, Mom & Dad!  You are the best. 

I did use fiber as my stress reliever during the procedure and while spending time with David in his hospital room.  I got about a 1/3 of my BFL-silk blend fiber spun and made a good dent in the new baby blanket:



I never touched the other knitting project, so the Socks That Will Never Die are still worthy of the title.  Someday they will be finished, if nothing else because I want to use those needles on a different project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment