Friday, March 11, 2011

Like manna from heaven

I joyfully received shipments from woolgatherings this week.  They are my favorite shop for handpainted fibers, and I indulged myself with my latest order and also purchased their luxury fiber sampler. 

Here is my loot:

love, love, LOVE this handpainted 50% Merino, 50% silk fiber, which was the March 2011 Fiber Club's special edition:


And when I saw this fiber, it reminded me of Rainier cherries and I had to have it.  It is 100% Blue-faced Leicester fiber:


The luxury fiber sampler contains ten gorgeous types of fibers & blends.  I know that I won't do much more than admire and pet these fibers for a while, giving myself plenty of time to dream about what I can make with them.


1 oz - 50% Baby Camel / 50% Tussah Silk
1 oz - Milk Fiber
1 oz - 50% Alpaca / 30% Merino / 20% Tussah Silk
1 oz - 75% BFL / 25% Tussah Silk
1 oz - 50% Merino / 30% Cultivated Silk / 20% Angora
1 oz - 80% Merino / 20% Cashmere
1 oz - 80% Merino / 20% Angora
1 oz - 50% Merino / 50% Cultivated Silk
1 oz - 50% Merino / 50% Yak
1 oz - Fine Alpaca

No comments:

Post a Comment